About the Center for Healthcare Value
Founded in 2008 by ThedaCare president/CEO emeritus John Toussaint, MD, the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value strives to create a healthcare marketplace that rewards providers for delivering value.
Within the three key components of Delivery, Payment and Transparency, we are:
- Building the framework by which organizations transform themselves using lean healthcare.
- Turning healthcare leaders and staff into daily problem solvers.
- Teaching transformation leadership using the lessons and firsthand experience gained from our journey and others’.
- Sharing our collective insight to unite employers, providers and payers around new models of care and payment.
- Developing and spreading processes to eliminate error and waste.
- Working to measure and judge the value of care in a transparent manner.
- Designing incentives that encourage providers to radically redesign care to improve outcomes.
As a worldwide connecting point for those on the continuous improvement journey, the Center is a conduit to spread the healthcare industry’s best practices and experiments for creating patient value and accelerating improvement.